Leonora Weissmann : adentro floresta afora
Francisco Magalhães (Writer of supplementary textual content), Leonora Weissmann, Galeria do Espaço Cultural da CEMIG (Belo Horizonte, Brazil) (Host institution, Issuing body)
Daughter of painters Selma Weissmann and Manoel Serpa (1945-2009) and grandniece of celebrated sculptor Franz Josef Weissmann (Austria 1911-Brazil 2005), Leonora (Belo Horizonte 1982) had contact with the visual arts at an early age. She graduated in engraving and printing at UFMG, where she also defended a master's degree in the arts, and she is constantly in search of her favorite genre: the portrait. With sensitivity and technical mastery, she records anonymous, familiar, and often herself in hyper-realistic compositions. Another striking feature of his paintings is the geometric and almost abstract treatment given to the background landscapes
Print Book, Portuguese, 2013
Galeria de Arte do Espaço Cultural Cemig, Belo Horizonte, 2013
63 pages : color illustrations, portraits ; 30 cm
1. O jardim e o espelho: de dentro do dentro, avesso
2. A pintura: um espelho refletindo, e, como todos os espelhos, sem repostas?
3. O quadro dentro do quadro, a pintura dentro da pintura, o mundo dentro do mundo: um jardim
4. Adentro, no meio do caminho desta vida, afora
1. The garden and the mirror: from within its insides, inside out
2. The painting: a reflecting mirror, and, as in every mirror, no answers?
3. The picture within the picture, the painting within the painting, the world within the world: a garden
4. Into, in the middle of the wat in this life, away
Published on the occasion of the exhibition held at the Cemig Cultural Space Art Gallery in Belo Horizonte from August 29 to September 19, 2013
In Portuguese and English